Information Technology Scholarship Overview
Akkadian Labs exists to create innovative, forward-thinking software that simplifies unified communications (UC) administration. Akkadian is an experienced software developer with turnkey solutions, trusted by some of the world’s most successful companies. Since 2013, hundreds of companies have looked to Akkadian Unified Communications Solutions to streamline UC administration and management.
Akkadian Provisioning Manager alone manages 3 million licenses as the go-to solution for the world’s leading Cisco Collaboration technology partners. Companies of all sizes and in all industries rely on Akkadian software because it’s built to be flexible; clients can customize Akkadian software to their UC environments, without costly professional services or consultation. Akkadian believes its products should make UC management simple, seamless, and unified.
We want to see young people with the same passion we have get the opportunities that brought us to where we are today. Thus, we have created a $1,000 scholarship for one student who can display where they think information technology may take them in the future.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students attending an accredited online university are welcome to apply.
- Possess a general interest in technology.
Required Application Details
- Please write an 800-1,000-word essay detailing how information technology will be used to enhance collaboration in your area of study.
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter to an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit your application via the Akkadian Labs Scholarship form linked below.
How to Apply
Please use the form link to submit your information to apply: The Akkadian Labs Information Technology Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of the terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by June 30th, 2020.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by July 15th, 2020.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Akkadian Labs.
- Questions about The Akkadian Labs Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
- The scholarship funds provided by Akkadian Labs will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Akkadian Labs permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on www.akkadianlabs.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to Akkadian Labs’ Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc.) issued by Akkadian Labs.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the Akkadian Labs website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Akkadian Labs’ social media pages.
2019 Scholarship Winner
We announced Carolina Serrano as the winner of the 2019 Akkadian Labs Scholarship for $1,000. Candidates were asked to submit an essay detailing how information technology is used in their area of study and where they think their passion for technology may take them in the future.